Day 3 – 8/27/15 – Introduction to Economics
Vocabulary – Capital | Wealth
What is the economy?
- Opening – Vocabulary Word
- Finish PowerPoint (View PowerPoint by Clicking)
- Feudalism – Notes & Catching Goldfish
- Mercantilism – Notes & Catching Goldfish
- Closing – Answer Essential Question using a vocabulary word.
Classes were arranged into 5 groups. Each person at a group was a serf. One person was a lord. I was the King. Goldfish crackers were distributed to each group. The Lord of each group would give each Serf 1 cracker and bring the remainder to the King. The King then gave each lord 3 crackers and kept the remainder for himself.
Take notes: From playing the game what did you notice about how feudalism works?
Classes were arranged into 5 groups ( 1 mother countries and 4 colonies.) The colonies were forced to give all but one cracker to their mother country.
Take notes: From playing the game what did you notice about how mercantilism works?
Closing: Answer the Essential Question in your journal in complete sentences.