Study Smarter, Not Harder
I often have students tell me that they studied and still did not get the grade they were looking for. I always ask them, “well, what do you need to do next time to get a better grade?”
“Study harder :(”
That’s always the response from them. Well, I’m here to tell you not to do that. YAY! I want you to study smarter instead.
Watch the Video (Video Coming Soon)
6 Simple Steps to Study Smarter, Not Harder
- Don’t stay up all night studying. That’s hard, and tiring. You need to sleep.
- Stop Reading. Just reading your notes or making flash cards for Memorization doesn’t work for most people.
- Start Understanding. Ask yourself, “What does this mean?” instead of memorizing it. (Look up words if needed)
- Summarize your New Understanding of each topic by writing it down. (Flash Card Summaries are better)
- Have a conversation. Watch a video clip with a family member and discuss, together, what it means.
- Teach a family member what you’ve learned and try to make them understand.
Extra Tips based on what type of learner you are.
- Draw a picture of what you learned. (Put it on a flash card next to the summary if you like)
- Record yourself reading your summary and listen to it afterwards.
- Ask yourself how your summary makes you feel.
- Try acting out your summary if possible.