Lesson 22 – Proclamation of 1763 – Wednesday 9/30
Vocabulary Word: Proclamation
Essential Question: We are answering several today, in the PowerPoint.
- Proclamation Notes (View Notes Here)
As a class we covered the origin of the Proclamation of 1763 and some of the immediate effects.
To visualize where all of these events occurred, students each created a map coloring the 3 regions of the 13 colonies and labeled the Appalachian mountains.
- After the French and Indian War, why was the Proclamation Line of 1763 put into place in the 13 colonies?
- What is the Proclamation line of 1763
- What is the name of the King of England at the time the Proclamation Line was put into place?
- The Proclamation Line of 1763 caused friction between who?
- Which region in the 13 colonies do you think was most affected by the proclamation and why?
- Why are the colonist mad that they can’t cross the Appalachian Mountains?
- How did American colonist see the British troops that were left in the 13 colonies after the French and Indian War?